19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful

My goal is for all of us to be happy, successful and grow together.. you can find much more daily motivational material like this here:

My InstaGram page: @DameLuthas

Twitter: @DameLuthas

Enjoy the list below ;-)

You have to do the hard things.

• You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
  • You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
  • You have to give more than you get in return right away.
  • You have to care more about others than they care about you.
  • You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
  • You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
  • You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
  • You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
  • You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
  • You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
  • You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
  • You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
  • You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
  • You have to try, fail and try again.
  • You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
  • You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
  • You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
  • You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
  • You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.

You have to do the hard things. The things that no one else is doing. The things that scare you. The things that make you wonder how much longer you can hold on.

Those are the things that define you. Those are the things that make the difference between living a life of mediocrity or outrageous success.

The hard things are the easiest things to avoid. To excuse away. To pretend like they don’t apply to you.

The simple truth about how ordinary people accomplish outrageous feats of success is that they do the hard things that smarter, wealthier, more qualified people don’t have the courage — or desperation — to do.

Do the hard things. You might be surprised at how amazing you really are.

Source Article: http://danwaldschmidt.com/2014/01/attitude/hard-things#ixzz2qWJmZ2i3

Categories: Strategies

Tags:

64 replies

1. Reblogged this on Mama CEO and commented:
    Absolutely true insights. This should be required reading for every graduate, college student and startup founder.

2. Loved it and passed it along to a young person who I’m sure will benefit from it.

3. I started my own business out of desperation.

4. Reblogged this on Wonders, Whys and Wherefores and commented:
    Great reminders. Thanks to JoAnn Hill for the Facebook link this morning!

5. Excellent. This IS the hard truth; something I faced the morning after being diagnosed with cancer. The very first one on this list is the one that slapped me in the face that morning. One year and a few months later, I’m making the changes and I won’t lie, it has been very hard. But I can look in the mirror and know I’m living MY life, not a version someone else wanted for me. I challenge you to really look inward and ask if you are doing the same. It is hard but you’ve got this one life and it slips away every day – never to get those moments back again. I’m living the philosophy that I’ll only regret what I didn’t do not what I did. It has made all the difference.

6. Great motivational words! I LOVED that “19″ was used vs 20. :) :) Following you now from http://www.dancinmoma.com (on WordPress as well) Great meeting new connections.

7. In the great allover this would all be true. Since we are all individuals and have different levels of ability at every level, it is unrealistic, I think to these would apply for all people in the same or even similar ways for them to succeed. It seemed you were not defining success as wealth which is more why I think this is important. To maintain the ability to understand and really see each person as an individual. If every one could do this, most of your list would be outdated and not relevant.

8. I love love love this. I recently became a small business owner and I have found there are highs and lows that come along with it. There are seasons, busy times, and slow times. The hardest part has been getting my name out there and time management. Being a stay at home Mom of 3 boys only allows so much time to market myself. I was reserved in the beginning but quickly discovered I would have to step out of my boundaries and be a little more outgoing! Great read! Thanks! Visit me here: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferallenO2independentdesigner

9. I’m printing this and framing it in my office, no joke! Thank you for the insightful words. – Lauren

10. Love what you have to say !

11. Mr. Luthas thank you so much for this wisdom! It is inspiring to be reminded that anything worth having is worth working for:-)

12. Reblogged this on everything glorious and commented:
    I am really going through a difficult time with understanding why I chose to stand up in a situation when backing down would be easier. This blog reminded me it will all be okay!

13. Awesome. This list reminds me how important it is to be gritty. Often it’s not that I’m scared necessarily, just embarrassed that I don’t already know the answers.

14. Reblogged this on Queen B Media and commented:
    Success is not a straight path, and it takes hard work along with determination! To overcome the fear of failure, we then may find success!

15. Reblogged this on Bobbie C. Bandy and commented:
    This is fabulous, and great advice.

16. Reblogged this on The Perez Perspective and commented:
    This is a wonderful piece of inspiration.

17. Great list. I am sending it to both of my teenagers. One of the things I love best about being a long distance runner and triathlete is the number of times my children have seen me take on challenges that are way outside my comfort zone and the number of times they have seen me fall, get back up and start over again. Those are lessons that are hard to learn but I hope they have gotten something from watching me.

18. Reblogged this on positivemediablog and commented:
    Worth reading – How can we ALL be happy & successful?

19. Reblogged this on Thoughts of Amana and commented:
    Awesome tips!:D

20. So true. Just what I needed to hear after working 12 hours on Sunday. 4 more hours to go for the day :)

21. So true. Just what I needed to hear after working 12 hours on a Sunday. 4 more hours before calling it a day :)

22. Glad you all enjoyed this article. I had fun writing it. The secret to being successful is doing the hard things that everyone else is to busy, bored, or bothered to do.

Dan

p.s. Thanks for the love. Stay edgy. Be awesome.

23. This post has actually helped me overcome a lot of obstacles (small and big) in the past month. I have printed it, put it on my teammates’ desks, kept a copy in my planner, and sent the link to my best friend. Definitely a keeper! Thank you for sharing!

Trackbacks

1. Your future starts now - Freedom | Freedom
  2. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Rants, Rhymes and Ridiculosity
  3. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful « thespectrumscene
  4. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | jisbell22
  5. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Just Maui Real Estate Blog
  6. The 19 Hard Things You Have to Do to Succeed
  7. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Kilyas's Blog
  8. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Kitti McMeel
  9. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful « The Luthas Corporation | I am Rob Bre
  10. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Life is a journey and im finding myself everyday.
  11. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful - Healthy Debates | Healthy Debates
  12. 19 hard things | and sure stars shining . . .
  13. Success | Shining The Light
  14. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful by Dame Luthas | lyricalmuse61
  15. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Career Life
  16. 19 najtežih stvari koje morate učiniti kako biste bili uspješni
  17. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | Wolski Strategic Consulting
  18. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | I Will Come Home
  19. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | donijones
  20. A Breakthrough and Some Motivation | Lily Runs the World
  21. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | When Mama Ain't Happy ... Ain't Nobody Happy
  22. Being Successful Isn’t Easy » North East CrossFit
  23. Stress - Two Pepers
  24. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful « The Luthas Corporation | Mission Cyclist
  25. F&F Friday Favorites: 2.7.14 | Fitness & Feta
  26. Have a marvelous weekend! | eLLe PHOTOGRAPHS!
  27. 19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful | My East Coast Life Project
  28. SUCCESS! | The Clean Eating Mama

We look forward to hearing your feedback..

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,945 other followers